A highly anticipated first date can leave you breathless and tongue tied when you are seated across the table from an attractive person who may turn out to be the love of your life. How do you break the ice and get the conversation going? If you have been matched by Two of Us Dating Service you have an advantage because your date has been selected for you based on an in depth test taken by each of you that determines compatibility. Two of Us Dating Service has also paid close attention to your criteria for an ideal mate and has introduced you to someone who meets those criteria. Now it is up to you to build on the planning so you are ready to introduce topics that spark conversations that are lively and fun.
A relationship counselor from Two of Us will help you with advice on making a good first impression. Here are a few ideas for conversation starters that you can take with you on the first night out with your match.
· What kind of food do you like? Do you have a favorite wine?
· Tell me how you like to spend your leisure time. Do you have a special hobby?
· What did you do on your last vacation?
· Do you have a favorite movie of all time?
· What qualities in a person do you most admire?
· Tell me about your work? What do you most like about it?
· If you were independently wealthy, how would you spend your time?
· What are you most passionate about?
· Which place do you most want to visit for the first time?
· Do you have a favorite song? Who is your favorite musical artist?
· Which do you like best, the beach or the mountains?
· What makes you laugh?
· Do you have brothers and sisters? Tell me about them.
· Do have a favorite pet?
Pace yourself and let the conversation flow. Asking rapid fire questions without giving your date enough time to reflect and answer can make it feel like an interrogation instead of a pleasant chat. An occasional silence isn’t a bad thing. Don’t feel like you have to talk constantly. Remember to pace yourself and build in time for listening. Follow the 60/40 rule and listen 60% percent of the time.
Your relationship counselor is a great resource and can teach you to avoid topics that could lead to trouble and can highlight techniques that will help you relax and enjoy yourself. If you are having a good time, there is a very good chance that your date will be having fun, too. Two of Us has been successfully matching couples for over twenty years and they take great care in selecting a date for you. Your meetings with your relationship counselor from Two of Us Dating Service will give you the confidence and the knowledge you need to go on a safe and enjoyable first date and hopefully many more.